AdmissionPhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling
Applications are received twice a year to begin studies either in the fall (starts beginning of March) or spring term (starts end of August). The application process is fully online.
Deadline for applications: November 15, 2022 .
To commence studies during the 2023 academic year.
Foreign students are strongly advised to apply earlier (end of October or beginning of November) so, in case of acceptance, they can solicit a visa as early as possible (due to a recent change concerning visa procedures, their issuance is taking a rather long period of time).
Important notice for applicants to ANID scholarships
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the PhD Scholarships granted by ANID. Sponsorship by the programming will be given to all accepted applicants. The closing date to apply for the ANID PhD Scholarships is typically the first week of December (not yet announced).
The application process is fully online, through the following webpage Postulación Postgrado en la plataforma Ucampus.
Applicants will be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Diploma or certificate of bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent, in applied mathematics or a related area.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Academic transcripts. The Program Committee may condition acceptance to registering for specific courses or seminars at the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences of the University of Chile. International students should try to include the grading scale used at the academic institutions where their degrees were obtained. Optionally, applicant’s may include certificates of relative ranking among their class.
- Letters of recommendation from at least two academics.
- Letter of intention/motivation.