About the PhD ProgramPhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling
The PhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling program is focused on the scientific training of academics and/or professionals capable of solving complex mathematical problems which are either of theoretical or practical relevance.
A graduate of the program is qualified to carry out original research and contribute to the development of knowledge and techniques in mathematical modeling and applications of mathematics to engineering.
The duration of the program is approximately 4 years.
The program is offered by the Department of Mathematical Engineering (DIM) at the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences of the Universidad de Chile, and encompasses, among others, the following main research areas:
- Algorithms and Combinatorics.
- Partial Differential Equations and Nonlinear Analysis.
- Mathematical Mechanics and Inverse Problems.
- Optimization and Equilibrium.
- Stochastic processes, ergodic theory and stochastic modeling.
Other research lines, such as mining, resource management, data analysis, genomics, health and education, are covered in close partnership with the Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM).
Academic degree: PhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling.
Program coordinator: Marcos Kiwi
- Program coordinator: Marcos Kiwi
- Participating academic: Sebastian Donoso
- Participating academic: Claudio Muñoz
- Participating academic: Axel Osses
- Participating academic: José Soto
Program Secretary: Silvia Mariano / +562 2978 4440 / email@example.com