The PhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling is focused on the scientific training of academics and/or professionals with research capacity in different productive areas.
A graduate of the program is qualified to carry out original research and contributions to knowledge in mathematical modeling and applications of mathematics to engineering.
The duration of the program is approximately 4 years.
The Program is taught by the Department of Mathematical Engineering (DIM) and covers the following lines of research:
- Algorithms and Combinatorics.
- Partial Differential Equations and Nonlinear Analysis.
- Mathematical Mechanics and Inverse Problems.
- Optimization and Equilibrium.
- Stochastic processes, ergodic theory and stochastic modeling.
Furthermore, it is part of the Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM), where research is carried out in areas such as mining, resource management, data analysis, genomics, health and education.
Academic degree: PhD in Engineering Sciences, Mention in Mathematical Modeling.
Program coordinator: Maya Stein
- Program coordinator: Maya Stein
- Participating academic: Sebastian Donoso
- Participating academic: Claudio Muñoz
- Participating academic: Axel Osses
- Participating academic: José Soto
- Executive Teaching Director: Natacha Astromujoff
Program Secretary: Silvia Mariano
Secretary phone: +562 2978 4440
Decree No.: 0047048/2017